New feature highlights:
- Customizable caching. Execute can now set maxage header in response (response.maxAge=300), and clients can also request a greater maxage header for increased performance (&_maxage=300).
- Query aliases. Name your YQL queries using meaningful short names.
Core Table changes
- New global execute element outside of bindings is prepended to all executes (to enable common js to be run over all bindings)
New Core tables
- answers.*, Yahoo answers API
- data.uri, create data URIs from web sources (select * from data.uri where url=”http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/pps/yql32.png”)
- yql.queries.*, create nicely named query aliases for YQL (http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql/jonathan/tables)
- max-age header is now auto-calculated based upon queries and rest calls made in execute
Bug fixes, including:
- Redirect handling improved
- Upgraded memcache library
- Batchable attribute now works correctly with paramType=”query” and “matrix”